Today's security and isolation booths are often the best step you can take to protect your employees. But do they protect or help maintain your very important good will? Not if clerks and customers have to yell and raise their voice and repeat themselves to be heard or understood.
How it Works
Norcon's patented TTU-1-X Talk-Thru Communicator provides hands-free communication between people separated by security or isolation barriers. It is the most widely used barrier intercom system of its type in the world.
The TTU-1-X provides clear communication even in environments with high ambient noise through the use of compression circuitry which helps to reduce loud, annoying sounds.
Unwanted background noise is minimized through the use of automatic volume attenuation circuitry. If the gooseneck microphone is not used for 30 seconds, the outside channel volume will be reduced approximately 70%. Normal operation is restored as soon as the attendant speaks into the gooseneck microphone.
- Clear, 2-way hands-free voice communication
- Rugged, tamper-resistant materials
- Simple, one-person installation
- Now with removable XLR connector.
- Headset jack permits telephone style headset or wireless microphone
- Units available for ADA applications
- Optional battery-powered version (with rechargeable nickel cadmium battery)
- Optional bullet-resistance (shield rated up to .357 Magnum service loads--higher level bullet resistant shields available)
- One year warranty on base unit (optional two years extended warranty availableon request)
Installation of the TTU-1 is a simple, one-person operation. All that's needed is a 3-4 inch cutout in the barrier. Four fasteners and two rubber gaskets for mounting are supplied with the unit.
The fasteners are used to mount the front face and housing on opposite sides of the barrier. The electronic section is then inserted into the housing and fastened in place. The rubber gaskets prevent slippage and protect the barrier surface. Please specify barrier thickness when ordering.
All Norcon Talk-Thru systems are shipped complete with mounting hardware, instructions, and power supply.
For purchasing information, please contact
our sales department.
Click here for catalog cut sheet for AC model TTU-1AX
Click here for catalog cut sheet for AC bulletproof model TTU-1ABX
Click here for catalog cut sheet for battery model TTU-1DX
Click here for
installation and operations manual